Website Terms and Conditions
Except where indicated otherwise all copyright, trade mark and other rights that subsist in the home page and in the sub-domain pages of the www.beaconfellowship.org.uk website ("the Site") are reserved to The Beacon Fellowship Charitable Trust, (together, "we" or "us") and/or third parties such as our supporters.
All use of the Site is subject to the following terms and conditions of use:
- Licence to use the Site. You may browse, download, view, print, copy onto the hard disk of your computer (but not photocopy) and use all material from the Site for your own personal, non-commercial purposes as a personal information resource in good faith only. Any other type of use requires our prior written agreement.
- UK and non-UK Site websites. The Site is intended to be accessed by users in the UK. Non-UK users must appreciate that the information contained on the Site may not be relevant to them and that their access to the Site might be restricted by local laws.
- Use restrictions. You will not use the Site:
- for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material, the publication, dissemination, use or possession of which infringes the rights of any person or which is unlawful in any other respect;
- in any way which is abusive, defamatory or obscene or which will harass, distress or inconvenience any person or which might restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Site by any person;
- for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation or commercial exploitation;
- for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- to create a database (electronic or otherwise) that includes material downloaded or otherwise obtained from the Site;
- to transmit or re-circulate any material obtained from the Site to any third party;
- in such a way so as to remove the copyright or trade mark notice(s) from any copies of any material made in accordance with these terms; or
- in any way that might bring us into disrepute.
- No guarantee of accuracy. The information provided on or in the Site is intended for recreational, information and non-commercial purposes only. Whilst every effort has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information provided by us in these pages, the contents of the Site are naturally subject to change from time to time. We cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CHECKING THE ACCURACY OF RELEVANT FACTS AND OPINIONS GIVEN ON THE SITE BEFORE ENTERING INTO ANY ACTION OR COMMITMENT BASED UPON THEM.
- Liability exclusion. We cannot guarantee that your use of the Site will be free from error and/or uninterrupted. We, together with our directors, trustees, employees and its representatives exclude, in so far as it is legally possible, all liability and responsibility for any damages (other than liability for death or physical injury arising out of the negligence of our officers) including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential damages, damages for loss of opportunity or chance, or any losses, costs or damage whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of, or in connection with, any information on the Site or any other Internet sites or the use thereof.
- Security limitations. Where information (including personal information) is provided to us directly through the Site or by email you accept that these methods of communication cannot be 100% secure. We cannot accept any responsibility or liability for any damage (other than liability for death or physical injury arising out of our negligence) arising from the misuse or loss of data or information submitted by you to us directly through the Site or by email.
- Links to third party websites. Some of the pages on the Site include links to external websites. These links are included to give you the opportunity to access other pages that it is felt may be of interest or assistance to you. We are not responsible for the content of these Internet sites.
- Prizes, draws, competitions. We may, from time to time, have competitions, prize draws or other promotions and offers on the Site. These will be subject to additional terms and conditions that will be posted on the Site.
- Viruses etc. Whilst effort has been taken to ensure that the Site is free from viruses, we give no warranties it will always be free from viruses and you are responsible for ensuring that you have installed adequate and up-to-date virus-checking software. We exclude, in so far as it is legally possible, all liability and responsibility (other than liability for death or physical injury arising out of our negligence) for any viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or other material transmitted with or as part of the Site.
- Names, logos and trade marks. The names, images and logos identifying us or other third parties and our supporters and our/or their products and services, are our proprietary marks, and/or may be the proprietary marks of third parties. Any use made of these marks may be an infringement of rights in those marks and we and they reserve all rights to enforce such rights that we or they might have.
- Variation of terms. These terms may be varied from time to time. Please ensure that you review these terms and conditions regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use the Site after any variation has been posted.
- Severance. If any of these terms and conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from the terms and conditions and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- Law. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising from matters relating to the Site shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Data Protection
14.1 The Beacon Fellowship Charitable Trust is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and will process your personal data in accordance with data protection legislation.
14.2 You hereby agree that any information sent to us by you through the Site or in any other way may be processed by us for the purposes of:
14.3 You should also be aware that posting of information about you and others on the Site will result in that information being available to Site visitors outside the UK, where data protection laws may be less stringent than in the UK.
- providing you with information by email or other means;
- posting information submitted by you on the Site, and in some cases publishing that information in other media;
- statistical analysis and conducting market research surveys; and
- assessing and evaluating the use that is being made of the Site;
The Beacon Fellowship Charitable Trust (company number 4689391; registered
charity number 1096423). 1st Floor, Holborn Gate, 330 High Holborn,
London, WC1V 7QT